Oatmeal Crispies Recipe from an old friend...



Oatmeal Crispies, yum!!

I had these when a friend made them, and they tasted wonderful!! She was kind enough to share the recipe with me, and I am now sharing it with you. I hope you enjoy this "take" on the oatmeal cookie.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients:

1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (imatation is fine, the real thing is even better:p)
1 and a half cups of flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 and half cups of oatmeal (not the quick cooking kind)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
raisins, to suit taste

*Thoroughly cream shortening and sugars.
Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
Add sifted dry ingredients and mix well.
Add oatmeal, nuts, and raisins, and mix well.
Form into walnut sized balls, and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until slightly browned.

From my friend Georgena, on February 16, 1999
(she is so sweet, and wrote this down for me, and put it in a plastic sleeve to protect the recipe card :))

*note, I usually leave out the nuts, but always use raisins. I love them, any way they are cooked.

Search here for more Recipes